$BlogMetaData$>

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Why The World?

Newcomers to this page often ask why I don't do anything about the problems over which I ruminate.

The simple answer is that I'm relatively powerless to act in any significant way...my feeling is that someone who does have the power to act will understand what specific matters need to be considered in order to act responsibly, and make suggestions about moving forward.

Unfortunately, I'm discovering (as I suspected) that most of these matters are themselves so complicated that even the people closest to the problem don't know what to do.

This will appear defeatist to some, but acknowledgment of the facts is NEVER defeatist, and in fact may result in new ideas that had remained unconsidered previously.

Am I blindly hoping that a light-bulb will pop in the mind of the reader? I guess so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home