$BlogMetaData$>

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Dead or Alive?

Illuminated Crowd in Montreal by Raymond Masson, c. 1986, Photo (c) Rolf Hicker

I've had the not-so-rare misfortune of being typecast as "less mature" than those with whom I associate simply because I maintain hope in the ability of people to triumph over the forces of apathy that have become everywhere apparent.

I contend that maintaining hope in the "irrational" or "unlikely" is not only a necessary prerequisite for acquiring peace-of-mind, but a necessary prerequisite for life itself.

It's not that I lack experience...I have plenty of THAT. The fact that I have not become overwhelmed by the experiences I have had (which would drive MOST PEOPLE to suicide) doesn't make me immature.

It proves others older than me to be less experienced at actually LIVING life, rather than bloviating about it. And for that reason, I genuinely pity people. --mattergy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home