$BlogMetaData$>

Saturday, November 06, 2010

Doubtful Credentials

Every once-in-a-while, I DO get frustrated with my lack of publicly-recognizable skills.

Not that I'm untrained...but rather I'm genuinely proficient at many things for which I'll NEVER receive credit.

My method of one-handed typing, for example, is little more than a variant of the 45-word-per-minute two-handed method I acquired way back in Tenth Grade.

I was sort of planning on becoming a novelist in those days...and I recognized that learning to type was going to be a necessary prerequisite for such a career.

Little did I know it was going to be a nessesary prerequisite for comunicating with ANYONE in my M.S.-fraught middle-age.

So the risk I took years ago being misinterpreted as "effeminate" for taking a typing class instead of metal-shop has paid-off geometrically...literally.

I seriously doubt that any of my ostensibly "more masculine" rivals over-the-years could succeed in having lifetime neural-damage with such elan.

Yet, still, my credentials are seemingly in doubt, at least as far as I KNOW.

I don't know, but I suppose that my paltry contribution to humanity is unlikely to become renown...but that doesn't stop me from putting my words out there in cyberspace.

So maybe I'll be of benefit to some honorable souls, maybe not.

I can only hope.

--mattergy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home