$BlogMetaData$>

Monday, July 19, 2010

Social-Networking Sites Huge Security Risks IMHO

Lest I be accused of targeting a specific company's (service), I'll remind the reader again that anything you read here is only my opinion.

But lately I've been receiving increasingly-emotional mail from a particular social-networking site I monitor for various (benign) reasons, and I feel compelled to point-out that these sites are frequently exploited for nefarious-purposes, so don't feel spurned if I know you and I choose not to respond to mail received from such sites!

Rationale: social-networking sites in my experience are BIG SECURITY-RISKS to unwary users who are merely trying to make contact with their old friends, etc.

I could go into detail if only it weren't so darn dangerous to do so!

Again, if you really need to contact me, send mail to admin@dmcrr.com, complete with a valid return-email address, and I can then check your public-background and reply with the appropriate security-questions.

But beware, I don't take kindly to unauthorized mail. And once your address gets put on my DO-NOT-REPLY or DELETE-WITH-PREJUDICE list(s), you'll never in a million years even receive an acknowledgment from me.

;) mattergy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home