$BlogMetaData$>

Monday, June 21, 2010

The Drums of July

Being formerly only the bassist in bands I realized just today how EXPENSIVE it is to be a dedicated rock-drummer.

But although I've only now realized this truism about expense, I have appreciated and respected the power that solid-drums deliver to the music.

...So I guess I have benefited from dedicated drummers since I first started playing in bands [for which I am eternally thankful.]

The first thing to realize about drumming is that it's a sizable logistics-effort to take on...but DRUMS [and bass, oddly enough] are the power-base of any good band.

In my opinion a band without a dedicated drummer -isn't really a band at all-.

Remember, that no matter how small your playback-device is, the instruments used to produce BIG SOUND are both voluminous AND delicate.

Well-tuned drums exhaust a fair supply of DRUM-HEADS, DRUM-STICKS and human-joints [knees, elbows, etc.], so I'd expect drummers to exhaust lots of pain-killer, too.

Again, I'm acknowledging that being a drummer takes its toll...I was only ever the bass-player...I benefited from that big-sound immensely over the years.

So thanks you drummers...you know who you are!

;) mattergy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home