$BlogMetaData$>

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mistaken Indemnity

I don't think I've hidden the fact that BEFORE M.S. I was a bit of a musician myself, as such I was counter-influenced by my fair-share of "Theo(s)" so developing MY OWN STYLE(T M) required some honest-Rockers' disdain for the Techno-Cheese to which my peers were addicted...which played at the same places as Morrissey was being Spun(T M) so I was peer-pressured into rejecting Morrissey's fairly voluminous collection of work...without having even heard it...

Even though the orchestrations are NOT classic-pieces, they are valid works [the adage God Help Us, Morrissey] I used earlier in this blog was written before I'd really listened to the guy's stuff (He's been composing since at least the early-1970s , so he's got a fairly extensive collection of stuff to ply through

I was just mad because his name showed up in my "subscription" station The Day Disco Died AGAINST MY WISHES...mis-prompting the whole service to miscast me into Emo and other music-as-fashion catagories.

Former Smiths musician Morrissey being openly-gay also misses the point of The Day Disco Died: that heterosexual men had to welcome women into the workplace NOT as "dumb housewives" or sex-objects, but as legitimate equals in the working world.

Anyway, sorry Morrissey....mine is not to judge. But you weren't part of the heterosexual-Rocker experience at that time...The Day Disco Died.

--mattergy

ADDENDUM 1:50 P.M. PST
I am but ONE American...I don't presuppose to know anything about countries I've never actually visited...a distinction that graces most of the countries in the world other than the U.S. so The Day Disco Died may not yet apply to your country. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home