$BlogMetaData$>

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Farcebook

I got roped-into creating a Facebook(tm) account by a long-distance friend (before I became aware of the REAL security risks) who is a bit more naive about online-security than myself .

In my opinion, Facebook is a service only for noobs. It's inherently dangerous to publish a person's personal-information on these publicly-accessible sites...more than meets-the-eye to the average person...unfortunately.

The problem is that people of average-I.Q. don't see the risks that those of us who've been using PCs since the first TRS-80 see.

Anybody who knows me can reach me by sending email to ADMIN@DMCRR.COM...but don't expect ANY reply if you mail from a suspicious address.

Anyway, I continue to receive Facebook trash 24/7, so I almost NEVER look at Facebook.

So don't be a noob!

--mattergy

ADDENDUM 4/1/2010 12:30 PM PST
By the way, IF you send email to the above address, be prepared to respond to a number of personal-questions via return-email...designed to verify your ACTUAL IDENTITY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home