$BlogMetaData$>

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Save Your Ads For The Will-Challenged

Man or Astro-Man MAY be a decent band...but the repeated "forcing" of this band into the rotation of my Real/Rhapsody SUBSCRIPTION music playlists is driving me nuts.

Good thing I don't own a gun...I might ignorantly shoot my own PC, should this band find its way onto my station: The Day Disco Died--ever again.

I'm not sure what lame-ass metrics cause this band to reappear again and again, but I'm thinking that the Rhapsody music service should add the following metric:

"If you play this album ever again, I'm canceling my subscription".

Obviously, if some nitwit at Real thinks that adulterating personally-programmed music channels with the WRONG bands might somehow cause the CUSTOMER to buy those bands' (questionable) music, Real is gravely mistaken.

I think the point here is clear.

--mattergy

AUTHOR'S ADDENDUM:
Subscribers are ostensibly given a six-point scale to rate any given album (1-star, 2-stars, and so on, AND one empty-set label [seeming to indicate a minus -1 star rating, but not really])

AUTHOR'S ADDENDUM 2:
I suppose it's a bit unfair to single-out Man or Astro-Man as the only band that errantly appears in the rotation of The Day Disco Died:

Other Acts that I can't seem to shoo-away are Kraftwerk and (God help us) Morrissey.

I know some kids and record-producers alike are attempting to fuel a disco-revival, but I WAS THERE THE DAY DISCO DIED, way back in 1981. ;)

AUTHOR'S ADDENDUM 3
I am NOT referring to the (illegal) Juvenile-Adult DISCO DEMOLITION event at The Chicago White Sox's Comiskey Park preceding a regular-season game in 1979...I respect that the social and economic stresses in Chicago at that time led to that...but are far too complex to discuss here.

Again, remember that those of us experienced in American investment-banking have perspectives on such displays of "macho" that most folks can't see. So I'll kindly spare you the social-psychology behind DISCO DEMOLITION NIGHT.

But be assured that disco didn't really "die" that night...It wasn't until the influence of the New York "punk" scene convinced the American Record-industry that a new wave of music was beginning to take hold--therein laid the TRUE death of disco...in 1981.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home