$BlogMetaData$>

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The USB-Reverse-Voltage Killed the 4-, 8- and 16-bit Color on my Laptop

Obviously only if it has happened to YOU will this make sense.

This morning while my USB-phone was charging via the USB-port on my PC, I accidentally pressed the "connect-to-internet" button [ridiculously located in immediate proximity to the BACK/RESET button on my Motorola phone...]

Anyway, pressing that button seems to have killed ALL the 4-bit, 8-bit and 16-bit color on my ATI Radeon display...

Easily solved TEMPORARILY by switching my PC to use the True Color [32-bit color] display-option, but lower resolution bitmaps (including the OS alerts) appear distorted by masses of parallel lines.

But a really annoying problem for a laptop...AND of couse on a day where 20 milion tasks are at hand, this short-term solution [ultimately my HARDWARE will need replacement] is NOT what I wanted to discover at 7 A.M. PST )P

But such is life in an imperfect world -sigh-.

mattergy

ADDENDUM/CORRECTION
I believe that True Color is itself 24-bit encoding, but you need at least 32-bits to match OTHER SPECIFICATIONS...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home