$BlogMetaData$>

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Fluid-Reality

I made an interesting discovery today about the screen-resolution on my PC.

Apparently, the OLD full-screen resolution of 1024 x 768 that I had used successfully for years has been curiously made to appear as "antiquated" by my PC-manufacturer by needing replacement with a 1366 x 786 display-area, making ALL OF MY 1024 X 786 desktop bitmaps appear smaller (1024 x 786 is approximately 4x3, thus it made for fairly high-resolution 4x3 artwork that worked on many other systems (800 x 600 is the highest resolution that most older displays will accept, but easily reduced to 800 x 600 from a 1024 x 768 image, with very little loss-of-clarity).

The alteration of the display-area to (1366 x 786--approximately ???) was troublesome for me at first, but with knowledgeable image-manipulation tactics, I was able to grow my old desktops to the right size again [I was scoffed-at by many-an-artist over the years for eschewing non-integral formats, but was praised by many folks of lesser-art-purity-principles (corporate-desktop-publishers) for normalizing my artwork to RATIONAL-SIZES]...but I guess the Art-dweebs don't care for the real-world(tm)...and rightly so it seems.

Whatever...forget standards...they're only fleeting illusions, right?

:P mattergy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home