$BlogMetaData$>

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Living Memories

When I was in high-school, a former-teammate of mine, Joe Peralta was the tragic victim of circumstances which left him deceased.

Although I only knew Joe casually (I was an Offensive-Tackle--he a Defensive-Back and -utility-lineman, so we never really connected, except in scrimmages), he was a really cool guy, and for me, a relative-noob at football, he was an outstanding inspiration.

My former partner in Offensive-Damage (and English Classmate), Marcus Munoz (still living, I hope!), also inspired me to press-forward with prejudice!

Just a reminder that people off all walks have helped me overcome the rigors of Multiple Sclerosis.

;) mattergy

CORRECTION 12:15 P.M. PST
I am reminded that Joe was actually an offensive receiver at the time we were playing...the still-living Sam Key was the Defensive-Back I was thinking of, not Joe.

Although...Joe WAS a backfield-player.

My mistake.

CORRECTION 2:
My memory is fading much faster than I'd care to acknowledge:

Joey played so many positions. Sam Key played defensive tackle...opposite Marcus and myself...

CORRECTION 3:
Aside from my fading memory...there's the specter of possibly having paid too much attention to blossoming cheerleaders than I recall...I may have forgotten more about the game than I realize ;)


CORRECTION 4:
Although Joey was a classmate of mine, I think we played on different football teams...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home