$BlogMetaData$>

Monday, January 09, 2012

Influential Warning

I thought it only fair to remind the reader that I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND the works of Douglas Hofstadter., which places me in the mathematically-spun category...but I'll also remind you that Physical-objects also trigger those "Mathemagical" themes written of by Hofstater.

Realizing this in early-adulthood caused me to pursue local-archeology.

Just the process of Carbon-dating artifacts is delicate work...but not the APPARENT-SHAPE of human-cognition...upon actually visiting the Anistazi-ruins [cliff-dwellings] at Bandalier National Monument, I was immediately struck by the realization of what nice dinner-restaurants they would have made.

This...in combination with the outstanding defensive-aptitude [defense against natural-forces, primarily], I realized just how advanced the psychology of the builders had been.

The experience left me dumbstruck...not an advisable state-of-mind in this-near-Rocky-Mountain region.

So concurrently I realized that, even today, people's inordinate-distraction is literally defacing history.

--mattergy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home