$BlogMetaData$>

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Careful Innovation

Some people mistake me for a muckraker-with-an-axe-to-grind, because I seem less-than-open-minded about a lot of topics...but the truth is that I'm EXTREMELY open-minded...I just don't entertain hypotheses in which I've already found inaccurate, skewed or patently-false thinking...in the process of eliminating such thinking from MY OWN hypotheses, I don't easily return to altered or amplified versions of the same misinformation.

I'm pretty sure any solid thinker shares this quality...but unfortunately every once in awhile I must explain my rationales to the less-than-meticulous thinker, so I wanted to give a clear example of WHY I'm so careful not to follow every line-of-thinking.

You probably don't read the same news that I do...because I'm looking at different factors in any story than its author(s) might have expected.

Here's an example of WHY I don't publish every insight I have regarding potential "miracle medicines". The very sad story of the M.S. drug Tysabri should be a potent reminder about responsible research taking precedent over incessant innovation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home