$BlogMetaData$>

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Admonition for Dumbasses, Not Qualified Persons

One thing that persistently irks me is being talked-down to by people who have (maybe) 10% of MY JOB-EXPERIENCE...

Yes, I know it's hard to believe, but I have a wider range of job-experience being younger than 50, than most people get their entire lives.

To top that off, I have a measured I.Q. approaching 140...literally sub-genius.

I'm not trying to validate my own abilities, but rather to explain WHY I get so irritated by intra-organizational problems for which any significantly-qualified person should be able to solve/set in motion solutions with relative ease.

I have one functioning hand, one semi-functional leg and frequently-distorted vision, so I shouldn't be able to run circles around the staffs of various professional organizations...but I find that I frequently MUST perform this feat in order to survive.

Put more simply, when a high-school graduate with so many disabilities is able to out-think and out-organize a whole staff of professionals with a university degrees, it gets irritating.

But it's a more frequent exercise than you'd think...

Anyway, in my agony, well-qualified professionals often make the mistake of thinking that I'm criticizing them. But I'm not...and if they could read between the lines they'd understand that I am empathetic to the matters they themselves must overcome every day...I'm just a little less tolerant of poor-thinking and lax organization than they are, because said disabilities turn many things they consider child's-play into MONUMENTAL tasks...like physically getting to a location to "simply" do something.

I'm sure if these people took the time to get to know me they'd understand that I'm not out to belittle ANYBODY, but to inspire people to sensible action...where action is preferable to apathy.

I know that psychologically-speaking, people often respond like I'm criticizing their efforts, but to be honest, where actual effort is made, I forgive a LOT of difficulties.

It is where people sit on their asses and glibly criticize MY REAL NEEDS, that I get unruly. I have great respect for people who make ANY effort.

It's the apathetic smart-asses of the world who I disdain. So please, don't errantly-personalize things I write that don't apply to you. If you're TRYING, I already respect you for the effort.

We're all in this together.

--mattergy

Addendum:
I should explain why I use the term: "dumbasses". It's not intended to be a slight on someone's intelligence. If you tried to find it in your dictionary, you discovered that it isn't even a real word...and that is intentional.

I've borrowed a slang expression from the world of online-gaming to refer to someone who absolutely will not listen to ANYONE'S instruction, regardless of their intelligence, or position-of-authority. I think it literally means "apathetic from head-to-toe" (the ass being the anatomical-center of their apathy). It's not meant as a term of derision for anyone who cares even the slightest bit...it's only for those who literally don't care about anyone or anything except their own ego...even to the extent of being BANNED from a game-server (made a COMPLETE pariah, where the server is programmed not to even accept a connection from the person.)

Only the truly narcissistic can be dumbasses, never a socially-concerned individual AT ALL...dumbasses are utterly apathetic...apparent to anyone who has an eye to see, or an ear to hear, as Jesus might say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home