$BlogMetaData$>

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Wisdom Beyond Politics

Without specifying ALL names involved (The chain of command in Iran is not apparent to ME, and I suspect that some unseen diplomacy was at work behind the scenes) , I think it was wise for President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran to "pardon" the 15 sailors detained last week for allegedly crossing into Iranian waters.

This was a politically complex matter for the Iranian government, (AND the British Government, I am certain) so my point here is that while this was a potentially deadly situation, it seems as if the players have acted in a way that will be acceptable to all sides.

While armchair-critics will continue to be riled, I think that the outcome is better than the myriad outcomes that COULD have occurred.

Again, I don't know all of the players involved, but I suspect that disastrous results were (at least temporarily) averted through wise statesmanship.

I'm impressed--Mattergy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home