$BlogMetaData$>

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Rationalization vs Rationality

I realize that my posts of late have been hard to interpret. I'd like to think that the underlying theme makes itself apparent without explicit tutoring, but it would be nearly impossible for the average person to empathize with my experience.

In a nutshell, I'm simultaneously overstimulated by international news, local chaos, Multiple Sclerosis, and a vague awareness of this endless warfare in Iraq.

And I think I'm consuming far too much caffeine.

But I had a flash of insight that I felt compelled to share with my readers. A lot of folks are puzzled about President Bush's almost manic drive to keep a vast American presence in Iraq, even over the objections of the majority of the American public.

And the problem is that people are focussed on the stated rationale.

The truth is, despite all the talk, there are some deep underlying reasons for maintaining a large force there. But it's NOT rational. At least not in the Baseball/Hot Dogs/Apple Pie sense.

I'm not even sure I can explain it.

But as Karl Malden says in Patton: "I can read a map!" (BTW, Baku is not highlighted for any particular reason, other than it is at the geographic center of the region I see becoming a hot-spot in the upcoming weeks and months.)

I can't explain what I see (because it will only convince some readers that I've read too much Apocalyptic tripe), but I do have these keywords/sections tracked in my Google News: Headlines, U.S., World, Iran, Syria, Caspian, oil, Sci/Tech, and Multiple Sclerosis.

Google does the collating...I do the thinkin'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home