$BlogMetaData$>

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Fly So High, Fall So Far

I was deeply saddened about the news of the Blue Angels' naval aviator that died in a crash during an air exhibition over Beaufort, South Carolina today.

When I was younger, I was on a career path to be a pilot, myself, so I've always had a lot of respect for guys who excel at piloting aircraft like the F/A-18 Hornet.

But the Blue Angels are a breed apart from even "very good" pilots. Only the best of the best qualify as Blue Angels.

And in terms of being exemplars of the American spirit of excellence in aviation, they show themselves to be true role models for young people all over the world.

I offer my greatest hope for comfort to the family of the specific aviator who perished and to the whole Blue Angels family as well.

Rest in Peace--mattergy

Author's Addendum: I learned early Monday morning that the name of the naval aviator is Lt. Commander Kevin Davis. Out of respect for his family, I thought it important that he not remain nameless here.