$BlogMetaData$>

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Unavailacato

The most annoying problem in my life is the pervasive self-deception of: Having Voice-Mail = "Being There for You".

I'm probably one of the most internet-savvy, telephone-savvy people on Earth.

Yet getting actual PHYSICAL ASSISTANCE is almost impossible (validating the testimony of Jesus, found in Matthew 23:4).

When one side of your body is almost completely paralyzed and you simultaneously suffer from a form of brain-damage that makes it almost impossible to reliably cross a street without being struck by a fast-moving vehicle, the perceived "intellectual" problems fade to insignificance.

Yet like it or not...the general attitude of the public is that the most difficult problems of any disease are "intellectual." I would challenge any one of the people who share this attitude to best me in understanding the what-to-dos, who-to-contacts, order-of-operations, and organizational requirements of ANY task...even ones for which I have NO previous training.

It is NOT because I am an idiot that getting an 18-inch box to a destination is difficult...it is because I have an inherited form of brain-damage that makes the simplest PHYSICAL tasks difficult.

Conversely, when organizations SPECIALIZING in physical transport can't seem to get that job done, I wonder why it is that their telephone personnel have such pompous attitudes about fulfilling their PRIMARY company mission...getting actual things from here to there.

I guess the advancement of COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY has inadvertently fomented a kind of laziness that makes people forget WHY IT IS people need ANYTHING.

Which begs the question: "Why even pay them?"

AUTHOR'S ADDENDUM:
I feel compelled to make one notable and perhaps unexpected exception to this minor drama:
that being the employees of the U.S. Postal Service...who really do a good job, (IMHO) given their list of duties, and economic constraints.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home